This being my first post here at Tastefully Inspired I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.
My name is Dean Birinyi. I’m an interior and architecture photographer in San Francisco. I’ve been specializing in photographing architecture and interior design for thirty years. I think I’m starting to get the hang of it.
I will be writing on matters of interior and hospitality design from my unique perspective of a photographer of architecture and design.
Lets get started.--
A new designer with an updated sense of traditional design:
I had the opportunity to work with Janine Arrietta of JAS Interior Designs to photograph the Tuscany Clubhouse at Foothill Ranch in Southern California.
“This design encapsulates the Tuscan charm for friends and family to come together for a laid-back experience under the Tuscan sun.”
Janine Arrietta, ASID
Janine took the 2017 Emerging Professional Design Award from ASID California Peninsula with this, her first project out of design school.
Using bold patterns, a warm palette and her own unique design sense, Janine created a welcoming contemporary community space while maintaining the Tuscan charm of the project theme.
A vision, a mood and a sense of place:
I asked janine to describe her design challenge and her vision.
The design concept was “Under the Tuscan Sun”
- A private clubhouse set within a homeowners’ community with a Mediterranean style was stricken with age and water damage. Client wished for a relaxing, warm and fun space adaptable for all ages. “Better than good” was the expectation.
- Capitalizing on high-pitched ceilings and strong architectural features, design decisions placing an oversized wall mural of a Tuscan landscape in the entry; curating custom art collections of aged brass door knobs and oversized keys sourced at architectural salvaged yards; reclaimed wood shelving and ceiling-suspended lighting create a timeless beauty with a sense of nostalgia.
- Adding elegance with touches of sophistication, the spaces are dressed with beautiful window treatments.
- Flexible comfortable seating encouraging conversation and play for private parties was important to client, and “feel good” contract grade fabrics were selected for longevity and easy maintenance.
- An earthy warm color palette of ocher, orange and green with accents of neutral grays and mixed metals supported by verdant plants soften the environment creating an “outside-in” feel emanating joy.
- Details such as plank wood flooring, terracotta tile, burnished copper, limestone-looking engineered stone, classically-shaped objects, and apron sink reinforce the Tuscan rustic villa charm, rustic beauty, and old-world décor.
- This space encapsulates the Tuscan charm for friends and family to come together for a laid-back experience under the Tuscan sun.
"I love the billiard room. The refinished pool table, various seating areas
and floor pillows makes for an adaptable space."
Janine did a great job and should be very proud of her work. I'm looking forward to watching her talents evolve in the coming years.
Janine Arrietta is the owner of JAS Interior Designs in San Jose, CA. https://www.jasinteriordesigns.com/
I'm looking forward to expanding my reach on the Tastefully Inspired platform..